How to Do an Appendix for Your Dissertation or Thesis
The appendix of your dissertation or your thesis may not be deemed as very important. But, it should still be given attention when it comes to how you organize it since it would include significant information which may help support the research that you have put into the paper. This just goes to show that every chapter of your dissertation or your thesis is definitely an essential part, which is why you should have the effort of really getting into the details and do it appropriately.
The following guidelines would surely come in handy and you would no longer have any trouble doing the appendix.
- Once you decide to add an appendix to your dissertation, this must inserted prior to your Bibliography;
- Every appendix must have a separate page;
- You should not forget to include the appendices on the Contents page of your dissertation;
- Most of the time, an appendix is labelled numerically;
What should be included on the appendix of your dissertation?
This part is where all the pictures or tables and graphs necessary for your dissertation are placed. If you used diagrams, calculations or charts, then you should also include it on the appendix.
Items or other details that may be necessary in order to gain better understanding about your paper:
- Even if the answers to certain questions that you may have used are discussed on the body of your thesis or your dissertation, the questionnaires that you used should still be included
- The best way to sort out data that you have gathered is by determining if it is a raw data, which should fall under the appendix, or if it is a data that has been analyzed already, then it should fall under the dissertation’s body.
- You should also include a description on the devices or tools that were utilized in order to acquire pieces of information
If you are having a hard time finishing your paper, then you should consider taking advantage of getting help with the dissertation that you are writing. With custom dissertation, you would be certain that you would be able to meet the deadline of your paper in no time!